Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Just.For.Fun.


I’ve been wanting to write another post for awhile now.  And I’ve had lots of ideas for what to write about.  But I think I’ve finally decided that most of them can wait.  Right now, I wanna show my readers a little more ME.  I want to ‘let my hair down a little bit’ and write about something less serious.  Lately I’ve been spending a lot of time journal writing, scrapbooking, and quote collecting.  It’s put me in that whole ‘let me re-examine my life’ mode.  I’ve started to really enjoy the simple things.  It’s amazing what you notice when your life slows down.  One of my favorite quotes says, “If you’re always racing to the next moment, what happens to the one that you’re in?” I’ve always thrived off being busy, doing a million things at once.  And that led me to miss out on a lot of life’s simple joys.  And I knew it, but I was never willing to change.  In fact, I would still probably be the same if I hadn’t been forced to slow down and take a chill pill with my heart surgery.  So, it’s been good.  To finally decompress, and think about where I’m going.  I’ve been able to spend a lot more time with friends and family.  More time to cook and expand my culinary skills.  More time to play the piano and practice my guitar. More time to send thank you cards and ride my bike.  And definitely more time to spend those Saturday nights at the Sticky Shoe movie theatre with a large bag of way too buttery popcorn.  It’s been different, but it’s been fun.  

And over the past couple weeks I’ve been making a list.  A list of things I’ve noticed about me, people I know, or just simple realizations that have come to light.  And I think I’d like to make the world privy to this list, to illustrate more of my TRUE identity (I realize that sounds so cheesy).  Not that anything I’ve ever posted is false.  But what you should know before reading on is this list is RAW.  Meaning unedited, mildly inappropriate at times, but straight up ME.  Those who know me well, know I’m all about reality.  So much so, that I have a REAL hard time being around people I don’t like cause I can’t fake my feelings.  And if you ask me how I’m doing as a form of small talk, I’ll tell you exactly how I’m feeling.  Even if it means I have to curse in order to provide the most accurate response.  Basically, I like authenticity.  And I’d like to share some of that because I know blogs get too formal and serious sometimes.  Take this as my attempt to loosen things up a bit.  Hope it works!
  1. When I use the microwave, I try to accomplish way too many things before the timer says 0:00.
  2. It’s true…my cat owns me, not the other way around.  Which is why she takes up ¾ of my bed each night.
  3. Sometimes the only way I can fall asleep is by blasting music through my headphones and imagining myself as the main character in an epic story or dance scene.
  4. I think it sucks that women have to experience PMS, pregnancy, periods, and menopause.  It’s all beautiful and all (in a sense) but let’s get real, I question its complete necessity. 
  5. I think all people over 55 years old should be required to retake the driver’s test every five years to retain their license.  I’m not hatin’ I’m just sayin…all y’all start gettin’ blurry eyed and stuff and quite frankly start to suck at driving.  IT’S DANGEROUS! I get nervous for senior drivers:S
  6. At times when I feel my life is spinning out of control I usually cry, throw things, break something, take a drive, scream, and then realize I probably just need a nap….and the nap works every time:)
  7. How do make-up companies make any profit off their merchandise? Don’t they know that all their overpriced $12 eye shadow is getting snatched off the shelves by money-less teens? Loss prevention teams are really slacking these days…
  8. I know politics are the talk of the town.  It’s an election year. And trust me, I’m highly political, I just keep it on the DL unless I’m at home or with friends.  But right now I have only one thing to say…GO ROMNEY!!!!!
  9. I have the BEST friend in the whole world.  Thanks for being so wonderful and patient with me Spenser.
  10. One day, I was thinking a lot about how the world must view me.  And how largely inacurate I must view other people.  And I thought of this quote.  “The world judges me by the decisions I make, never does it see the options I had to choose from”
  11. Realization: When I look at a person, any person, I need to remember that everyone has a story.  Everyone has gone through something that has changed them.
  12. The older I get the more I realize my mom is the best friend I’ve ever had.  I.LOVE.MY.MOM.
  13. I’m addicted to searching through these three categories on pinterest: quotes, recipes, and tattoos.
  14. The truth about my family, from ME: My brother Brayden is most likely one of the funniest, most talented people I’ve ever met. My sister Sabyn never shuts up and she’s a hot mess, but I love her to death.  My brother Jason is a lazy genius, and he’ll make millions someday.  I don’t think my brother Clint understands half of who I am or where I’ve been but he’s a lover not a fighter, and he will make one lucky woman very happy someday. My dad and I have never gotten along but not every family is perfect and he’s always been supportive.  And my mom, you already know how I feel about my mom:) 
  15. I have a tattoo, on my right side.  Don’t be too shocked.  And no, it’s not one of those nasty colored ones that make no sense. I got it two years ago.
  16. I stole this one but I’ve thought it myself on more than one occasion: HOW THE HECK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO FOLD A FITTED SHEET!?
  17. “I can’t tell if I’m dealing well with life these days or I just don’t give a shiz anymore. “ – Spenser and I had a good laugh with that one:)
  18. Three topics I get OVERLY heated about: the amount of money that is WASTED on celebrities and professional athletes.  How worthless and vulgar most music on the radio is these days (a five year old could write better!).  And how ridiculously over priced international adoptions are (there are so many orphans and so many couples, why the 40K?!)
  19. Is EVERYONE supposed to have a birth mark?  Cause I don’t…
  20. The religion of Scientology utterly baffles me…don’t they know that God too is bound by the laws of science?  And He’s never tried to convince us otherwise…?
  21. Five greatest movies OF.ALL.TIME: Surf’s Up, Easy A, Baby Mamma, She’s the Man, and What to Expect When You’re Expecting.
  22. I too have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger
  23. My eyeballs attract more fuzzies and dust specks than has ever been necessary
  24. A couple weeks ago I picked up a Glamour Magazine and it said women are either: plus-size, straight up and down, big-busted, pear shaped, petite, or tall. I think I’ve qualified as all of the above at different points in my life…way to be versatile;)
  25. And lastly…shouldn't you have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check since I have to pass one to earn it for you? Just sayin...
And there you have it.  My list of 25 random thoughts/statements/realizations or whatever.  I could go on and on but let's get real.  25 was plenty.  Anyway, so next time I write it will probably be a bit more concrete and topical.  But for now, as I said, I needed to loosen things up.  If not for anyone else, than at least for me.  See ya on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment